It’s Monday and {cookie } yum

Morning friends!  It’s Monday, a day I dont really get excited for  😐

You always have to look at the positive in things  😀

Seriously though, its funny, Monday is the only day it seems I can’t wake up or don’t want to, and it seems I forget everything too, I had to type in my blog password and user name 3 times, before I got it right!

Its a monday for sure  😉

Oh but breakfast is ALWAYS wonderful no matter what day  it is, and I had another blueberry belgian waffle to use up

I topped it with Egg white scramble with cinnamon and stevia, plopped some Justins Maple Almond Butter on top and maple syrup, was filling and yummy, perfect for me  😀

I promised you guys something last night….and I did not forget friends

Protein cookie recipe

( from oxygen magazine, but adapted a tiny bit )

– 1 scoop of protein powder

– 1/2 cup oats

– 1 tbsp almond butter

– 1 egg white

– 2 packs of stevia ( or another sweetener )

– 1/2 tsp baking powder

– filling, you could use chocolate chips, banana, I used dry raspberries!

Oven 350 degrees, line cookie sheet with parchment paper, combine all ingredients in bowl, shape into balls , place on cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes!

Makes about 12 cookies, depends on how big you make them, I made 10!

* Mike loved these! He had 4 last night!

Hope you enjoy that quick and easy recipe, great for pre-workout or post workout snack!

I wanted to share a video as well today, I took a Thai Yoga Massage class yesterday and it was amazing!

If you have the chance to take a class like this, do it, I felt amazing after, my muscles needed it!

Here is what it is if you don’t know –

Centuries ago, a dynamic bodywork therapy based on yoga and Ayurveda was born in the temples of Thailand. In this unique healing system of Thai Yoga Massage – also called Nuad Boran and widely known as traditional Thai massage – the practitioner guides the recipient through a series of yoga postures while palming and thumbing along the body’s energy (“Sen”) lines and pressures points. Together these actions result in a comprehensive full body treatment that relieves muscular tension, improves circulation, boosts the immune system and balances the body energetically.

Its the best massage I had for sure! I want to practice it on Mike soon! He will love it!

Here is a video on it, I found it on youtube, so you can see exactly what it would be like!

Have you ever tried Thai Yoga Massage?

Be back later loves, post on Calories coming up!

• Katie says

Cait, Im sure fresh raspberries would be good too, I only had dry ones, its grocery day today, so we were low on food!

Oh yay cookies! Those are nice to see on a Monday morning 😀 I actually don’t mind Monday’s at all, but I’ll still take the cookies 😀 I’ve been wanting to bake with protein powder for a while now, but it’s so different from what I’m used to, so I’ve been a bit hesitant lol. This looks like a perfect way to experiment, though and I’ll be trying them with chocolate chips for sure!

Hope the rest of your Monday is beautiful!

In my YTT program we had a Meridian Yoga workshop where we used some of the Thai Yoga techniques..very hands (and feet) on! I told my family I know how to do this but none of them have taken me up on it yet! I definitely need to refresh my memory. We practiced it on each other and it felt soo good! The cookies look great!

That breakfast looks so so good and the cookies do too. I wish protein powder didn’t upset my stomach so much. I’ve tried so many brands. I even have sunwarrior and they all disagree with me if I over do it. I think I’ll try this cookies and see how I do.

Anyhow I was thinking about doing that yoga massage at a local spa one of these days. I saw it on the menu and was wondering if it would be good. Thanks for the tip.

ahh, those look soo good! I so wanna make those, and pretty easy ingredients too! what type of stevia do you have? I have tried brands, and not crazy about either one with baking. It seems to disappear!! :(

We were just discussing Thai massage in the office and some co-workers here swear by it! They said it is NOT typical, but that the results are incredible!

• Katie says

Yes they are really yummy, been eating them like crazy, ha! You can use 1/2 tsp baking powder too if you want, I didn’t and they came out fine! : )

I made these oatmeal/protein cookies and I’m wondering what brand of protein you used. I’m asking because the recipe calls for 1 scoop of protein powder and my cookies are a little dry and very hard so I’m wondering what size a “scoop” is. I used the scoop that came with my chocolate whey protein powder. It might be too large… I’d like to try the recipe again with less protein powder but thought you could let me know what you think too.

Hmmmmm it could be the protein powder, try a little less or a little more liquid maybe! I hope they turn out better for you the next time around! <3

7. Vanessa says

These cookies have become a staple in my house. I also found the dough was a bit dry (could be the protein powder scoop size). I replace the egg white with my Ener-G Egg Replacer, added 1 tbsp of unsweetened coconut flakes and an extra 1 tbsp of water to make up for the added dry ingredients.

Oh that makes me so happy! Yeah, might be type of protein powder that could make them dry, glad you love them!!

8. Heather Randolph says

These were awesome had to leave out the oats due to a low carb diet from my dr. I decided to use a mini cupcake tray to bake them in. Will make these again with almonds and cranberrys in them.