Cherries and Exes

Good Morning! Happy Diva Approved Thursday!

Diva Approved will be coming later, got some new loves to share with you guys  :mrgreen:

Love this mug, I got it a while ago at TJMaxx, perfect for me  😉

Today , breakfast was not pumpkin related, it was all about the cherries

Cherry Coco Oatmeal Pancake cooking up on the skillet

* I had some trouble with the flipping, but it worked out  !

Worked out beautifully actually  😀

I have to say that this and the pumpkin one are my new faves of the pancakes now!

Ingredients –

1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup egg whites, stevia, 1 tbsp coco cardio powder, 1 tbsp flaxseed, dark red cherries, 1 tsp baking powder

Oh my cherry heaven 😀

I topped it with my coco protein frosting and some lovegrown granola

So as you guys know I have been packing for the move, and I have been finding so many things I forgot about, or things I have not uncovered in a long time

I have a box full of old memories, mostly birthday cards, holiday cards, just random stuff , and I was looking through it yesterday and found a couple old letters, pics  and cards  from a couple different exes!

YIKES!

Both bad breakups, that tore my heart up, I kept these at the time because I didn’t know if it was really over, and I wanted to hang on I suppose, and it was a way that I felt I could

Now looking through the stuff, I can happily say , Thank Heaven I had those relationships as lessons , took something from each, and also became a stronger woman as a result

The breakups of 2 serious relationships I had were bad, I really felt the last one, which was 3 years before I met Mike, was one where I am glad I found the strength to get over, it was a very rough road

Now I can look back and SEE it was a time in my life where I had to go through that rough patch and learn to love myself again, and find my happiness from within , so if I met someone , it would be beautiful!

I did, and I am damn lucky!  😀

He is the best and was worth going through the d- bags for   😀 haha!

I think I will now throw away the memories, its funny I have had them all this time, never knew it, just didn’t go trough that box since I met Mike, it feels good to see how far I have come  😀

Oh and girls, PLEASE tell me I am not the only one that heard this line  before….

Haha! Yup , exactly  😉

Tell me,  do you still have memories of an ex somewhere , such as letters, pics, or cards?

Do you feel its the best thing to throw away or to keep some of them?

* Oh and I have had burning parties with ex-boyfriends stuff, so Im actually surprised I had any stuff still around!

Have a great day friends!

{ Diva Thought of the Day }

Remember , in order to love someone truly, you have to love yourself first  😀 So important!

Comments

Cherry heaven is right!! That looks amazing. I don’t really have any memories of an ex just because they don’t mean anything to me anymore. You have to make new happy memories with the person you’re in love with :)

2. Caryln says

I found some letters from exes recently also and it was almost embarrassing to read them haha! lets just say that i’m glad i moved on!

Exactly! Its funny how at different times in your life, you are in SUCH a different place, its like the first year I broke up with my last ex, I could not see a pic without crying or getting sick, now when I randomly found a pic, I laughed and felt so happy to be in a better place! xo

I always feel that every ounce of pain and heartbreak you have to go through in life is to get you to where you are supposed to be. I have been through some pretty bad relationships…. and even after 11 years of marriage we have hit a couple of rough patches… but life isn’t supposed to be easy, it is supposed to help us grow :) Glad you found the love of your life!

I love that quote! I have a lot of exes (lol) and used to hold onto some stuff, but I stopped doing that altogether. The only things that I don’t get rid of are photos. I have an ex who I dated for 5 years, and if I tossed every photo from that time, I’d have no visual remembrance of my life then! Then again, I’m not at all bitter from that time since I/m the one who dumped his butt. 😉

Best of luck with all the packing and moving. Great post, I’ve got rid of everything from my two long term exes, photos, letters, presents, cards everything, even the wedding dress I was going to wear (before I called off the wedding three weeks beforehand). I think it helped moving on from them both. I’ve learnt a lot from both relationships and why they were wrong for me and why I put up with such crap from the two of them. I think I’m a lot stronger because of it and I’m ready to meet my next serious relationship man.

Thanks girl! Packing is coming along!

Yes , I feel in my two past serious relationships , I took something away from each as well, it made me realize what I want and what I don’t want in a man, I am just happy now to have no more d-bags around! lol!

Love you! You will find that great guy ; )

Can’t wait for Diva Approved this afternoon! I found a few old boxes of stuff when we were moving, but to be honest, I threw it all away- box and all- without even looking at it. I figured if it had been boxed up for 3 years without being opened, then I didn’t need (or want!) anything inside! Who knows what ‘exes’ were inside?!?!

I do still have some things.. pictures definitely. Last summer I found a box that I had shoved in the back of my closet of notes written by my last ex. It was a VERY tough break up (aka told me he was going to visit sick grandmother.. was going to visit a girl in reality.. broke up with me via text.. and started dating her. .mature way to end a 2 year relationship) … when I saw those notes, I will admit they tugged on my heart a tiny bit – but it also helped me to realize that I have the best possible man in my life that treats me with respect…
    Those old memories that I held onto while grieving are just that..distant memories. They serve their purpose – and led me to where I am..but I don’t need them anymore!

Burn those letters girl! haha! Kidding *sort of

Yes , you can look back now and take it as a lesson, and NOW you have a wonderful man and AMAZING soon to be Husband! How great is that?!!!

Love u!

Thats good you could look at it and not gag, lol! I have a couple exes that were not so serious and have no bad feelings towards

I definitely have stuff here and there from exes. I never look at it and honestly wouldn’t miss it until I was moving and wondered where it went. My last relationships seem so long ago, that any reasons it didn’t work are just laughable now and I feel like I dodged a bullet!

I LOVE THIS POST (you know why :) )!!!!! Although it’s been hard going through my breakup, it’s made me stronger. I’ve realized that I can have it all. I can have a great, happy relationship full of love and passion like I deserve. It’s hard everyday, but each day it gets a LITTLE bit easier.

I totally keep things from my past because it’s fun looking back at them when I’m older! I have notes/love letters/photos /etc. from exes in high school and I stumbled upon them the other day. It’s fun to look back and remember that point in my life, and realize that I didn’t end up with that person for a reason, and now i can see why :)

I do know you do ; )

You have become stronger and I hope you are starting to look back and realize that it was not meant to be and now that relationship is a lesson, and you took something good from it, and learned! LOVE u!

10. Maddie says

I love that quote!!! It made me laugh/smile :) I’m definitely a person who keeps pictures and memories after a relationship has ended…but then I realize that I’m never going to be able to move on if I keep thinking about that guy all the time!

I had a really bad one, he really put me through the ringer a few times (more than just the average bad stuff). I look back now and am thankful – the things I went through made me stronger and helped me learn just what I can take in extreme situations. I also continue a friendship with his sister (I tell her SHE was the good I took away from the relationship!) and I hold that friendship very dear.

I LOVE that last quote – SO true!

Hi! Found you at the Healthy Diaries, and love this so far! I have to agree with the bad exes being lessons in finding the perfect guy for you! I have had some doozies (and I think I’ve been a doozy of an ex g/f at times) but it was all worth it in the end. :)

13. Amber says

This is actually a funny post. My professor was talking about going through everything and donating anything you had for extra credit, and so that is what my Saturday morning consisted of. I found stuff from my exes, sat there in my moment of silence, and trashed it all! I’m in a better place now too, having gone through something similar to what you have with an ex and I have to say I feel pretty damn good about it, even though it makes you wonder just a little about where they are now, does it not? Have a good day :)

Haha! Amber I love this, how awesome you recently just trashed your past ex memories : ) feels good!

Actually, funny story, My ex who broke my heart , guy I was with before I met my husband, he actually had the NERVE to call me 3 years later and ask me to go out with him! LOL! He thought that I was just waiting around for him, shows how much of a winner he was, haha! I was shocked, in fact he called 2 weeks after I first starting dating my husband, so it was so funny, I was confused, because his name was Mike, and so is my husbands, so when I answered I though it was my ‘Mike’ and was so confused, I just started dating my mike, so I didn’t know his voice that well!

But what guts to call a girl after you dumped her, and got married and got divorced, realized you made a mistake and think she is just going to jump in your arms, lol! So yeah I know what that d-bag is up to, well did , lol!

Gotta kiss a few frogs before you find your prince 😀 It just sucks that going through those frogs is so darned painful. Definitely worth it when you find your prince though :) I don’t usually keep things from exes, at least not that I’m aware of. I do have exes that refuse to get out of my life though… I’m actually going through some drama with my last ex, who I haven’t talked to in a long while and he just e-mailed me out of the blue and is trying to get himself back into my life. I’m trying to just ignore him, but he’s persistent… doesn’t seem to get it that I don’t want him around. Blah. Hopefully he gets bored of being a pest soon.

Oh we have all had those, the ex boyfriends that refuse to leave, some turn into bad situations, some are just annoying! Hope he leaves you alone soon!

Cute mug, totally you. :-) And yummy cherry breakfast! I got rid of most of my ex memories and I guess I’m lucky to have nothing too painful – except a guy in high school that didn’t tell me he was leaving for the Navy until 2 days before!

Yeah ex-memories are not needed, I only do still have pics of Anthony and his dad, those though are memories for my son to have and to keep one day ; )

xoxo <3

Hah! Love that line and so true! I’ve never actually been in a relationship so I don’t personally relate…yet
    But I’m also going through packing for my move on saturday…my entire house is in boxes, makes me not want to be here and just move already!

My house is in boxes too : p I feel so unorganized, a feeling I do not like at all!

God luck again on your move!

And I hope you never have to deal with any d-bags, but if you do,t they will be lessons ; )

Thanks for this inspirational post – we are moving soon too and there are always the obligatory stack of what I call ‘ex memorabilia’ that I have yet to throw away. As I’m still single it does give me hope that you showed the douchebags led to a good one! I’m not at all unhappy being single but if I go back into the dating world I want to remain optimistic that there’s someone out there who’s worth it!

Girl I know, dating world can seem so un pleasing, but TRUST me , you will find that person , I dated for 3 years, had fun, and actually dated a few guys, none serious, and had fun, then I met mike, and I was not searching for a guy, but he just came along, and it was at the right time ; ) xoxo

I had oatmeal pancakes both mornings that I was home last weekend for labor day…now that i’m back at college I’m craving them!!

I’m so glad you found such a great guy and are happy with where you are at right now. You deserve all the happiness in the world. I hope I find that one day, too. :)

Oatmeal Pancakes all the way! Been eating them every day! Love them!

Thanks girl, don’t ever ‘hope’ you will , because that is all you deserve one day and it will happen, and never settle for less! love u!

This is actually really interesting that you ask this, because recently my LP (Life Partner as we call it, were in the stage between boyfriend and girlfriend and husband and wife) had bought our first home and in the process of packing up stuff and moving, I found a whole box of things from his ex, notes, pictures and such….
    They were together for a year and a half, and in that time had a child and broke up (love his daughter to death) mind you this was umm… almost 10 years ago and for some reason felt a little surprised that he would hold on to things from such painful memories. I was previously engaged and with a guy for 5 years and when we were over I didnt want that stuff around.
    I guess I’m not sure still how to feel about it, I respect that she is the mother of his child but seeing those photos, and notes, it sorta hurts me, because just thinking about the pain that woman put him through and still is to this day.
    Good for you to get rid of that stuff, I believe having that stuff around just weighs you down, and I look at the future. Full of love and happiness!!!

Hello,

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for sharing that story, I have to say, I would feel the ‘exact’ same way you felt, I think that stuff would need to be gone, BUT maybe if there were pics of his ex and his child together he would of wanted those so she could have them , but yes I feel the same way you do ; )

Full of love and happiness for sure! Love that and agree!

xoxo <3

Amen sister (to your Diva thought of the day!)
    When I was going through my hardest time I will with my (now) husband, but I kept thinking then “Why won’t he just ask me to marry him…I want to get married now!” After I got treatment and started learning to love myself I realized why…we fell so much more in love everyday after I was in recovery…it was just amazing!!!

awwww that is awesome! Thanks for sharing that too Angela, you are beautiful! Yes, you HAVE to love yourself before you can love someone else, or to let their love for you to fully be beautiful! love u!

hahaha!! “That’s the point!” omg I am seriously sad I did not know this line earlier in life!!
    I have an old box of memories at my mom’s house that I should probably go through…It’s got friends letters..and Ex bF pictures! I think I should just burn the whole box :)

Lets have a burn party !haha!

its funny, because I think the same thing, like why did I waste my time or why did I do that, but its all paths that god has you take, to become stronger, learn lessons, and to grow ; )

I got rid of most things from my last relationship :p I agree – right after a break-up, or during the heartbroken phase, it’s hard to realize that things do happen for a reason, but it’s true! And yes, “love yourself first” is something we should all remember!

thanks Bianca, and yes it is hard at first to get rid of the things, but as time heals, it is better and you can throw them out! Mine should of been one, just had them stowed away in a box that has not been opened in the past 4 years!

haha! Yeah , I learned the burning parties from my sisters, watched them do it growing up, lol

I am so happy we both found our true loves! Its a beautiful thing!

I admit I do have pictures and one card that one of my dear ex gave to me while in high school (yes yes I thought he was my true love haha). I do not really look at the card, but for some reason I find it hard to let go of it. And for the pictures they are in a binder full of my high school and college pics that I look at from time to time, I enjoy looking back on memories :)

Yeah I still have high school photos, prom, homecoming, and dances, but the pics of my ex who I was with before Mike, just got rid of that stuff, he was NOT a good person, but Anthonys dad I do have photos of still because it is his dad and I want Anthony to have those photos one day, so he can have those memories ; )

I am so happy you posted this. I packed up my last apartment during a breakup. My ex found my folder of cards and letters from him in the trash when he came by try and salvage things and he snuck it in a moving box. To not start an issue (and maybe because I was having a bit of trouble moving on) I ignored him and just kept the package there. All of my boxes went into storage and there they stayed. Flash forward to today and I am moving into a house with my fiance who is the man of my dreams and love of my life. I am emptying my storage next week. When I first starting seeing my sweetheart, I went to my storage unit to find anything related to my ex but I couldn’t find the folder. I know my sweetie wouldn’t doubt how much I love him even if he found it but I wouldn’t want him to even imagine me with anyone else. I agree with you though that great strength can come from a bad relationship. By the time I broke things off with the ex for good, I knew exactly want I wanted in a relationship… I am so lucky I found it!

Hi Valerie!

I am so glad you came by ! I read your story and it made my morning, I love hearing when people find the real love and a great man that they deserve! You are a very lucky girl and it is great you can look back and realize that your ex was not the one for you and you learned something from that relationship ; ) Congrats as well, you said fiance, so YAY! Congrats on your upcoming marriage!!! xoxo

Trackbacks