We are all human and all have been born the same way

I don’t think anyone was born from a golden egg, but some people might act like they were  😯

All my life,  there was this one thing that could make me cry in a instant, make me feel sick, and make me mad

The word is so powerful, even just writing it gives me the chills

I have experienced a lot of negativity in my life, and sometimes it got the best of me

I am a VERY sensitive person, I actually used to be more sensitive and have grown to become a little stronger

I like to lead a happy and fulfilling life

I believe with every negative, there is a positive , even if you do not see it at first

The thing that I don’t get is when people put other people down, say rude things to them, make fun of them, or treat them like garbage

WHAT is the point?

Is anyone better than the next person?

Does it make you happy to put someone down?

I believe to treat everyone equal, no matter what, and I do

I do not judge anyone , I admire someone who stays true and someone  who has respect

I know in the blog world there are a lot of negative comments that happen, and it disgusts me, but it is also a time, when like any situation in my life, I try to turn that negative into a positive , and sometimes it works, and sometimes you just have to brush it off.

Kill with Kindness is my motto  😉

The whole point of this post, which is just me rambling of course, but I do want to say stuff from my heart

Being mean is ugly.

If you think you are higher above or better than someone, then you obviously have some things to work on with your attitude.

If you think your the hottest human being in the world and act like it, just remember, one second could change your life, like a accident that could leave you scarred or to find out you have a life threatening illness. Would you still have this mindset to act snooty to or better than people then?

Be good to ALL, never treat someone any less, you never know what can happen one day, you might need someone for help, and that person will remember how you made them feel or how mean you were to them, and not be there.

POINT of it all……..

Quit the negativity and meanness , you could die tomorrow and all your looks, money, and stupid status will NOT mean anything! So stop while your alive and be grateful and kind.

This post I have been wanting to write, I just see too many damn mean people, it makes me sick, NOBODY is better than anybody.

I know I will always deal with negative in my life, but the positive outweighs it and my beautiful family outnumbers it any day of the week  :mrgreen:

I also know Im a beautiful, huge hearted, sweet, and loving person that will never be un-kind to anyone, so if you ever need to feel happy after having a bad day, you can always count on me  :mrgreen:

Have a beautiful day friends!

‘ Being  mean is UGLY, so if you want to be PRETTY , be nice. ‘

– Katie Elizabeth Gagliano

Well said! I think that negativity can be a tough cycle to break though- I’m not talking about towards others, but towards ourselves! It’s nice and refreshing to have your reminder of positivity and being grateful for what we have! Thanks!

I love this post. You’re blog is so positive and that’s why I read it… it’s a sunshine blog.

Sometimes I can be a mean girl in my own personal life and I’ve been trying to correct that attitude when I notice myself acting that way. Normally I’m a very nice person but I do have the tendency at times.

Thank you for the helpful reminder :)

You are so right. The sad part is that all the “negative people” just want to make themselves feel better by putting others down. We are all human, no one is perfect, and we need to take a step back and be happy within ourselves.

Stop the jealously, the judging, the bullying and the hostility. Positivity is power. xoxo

Jessica, thank you so much for your feedback, it makes me happy to know so many people are enjoying this post! xoxo

Well said!! Life is 2 beautiful to be negative!! So nice to have found ur blog and read this as the first post

Mean is in fact Ugly. Lets fill this world with nothing but BEAUTIFUL!! :-)

Beautiful post, your posts are always so positive and your insight is very good. I think people sometimes like to be negative and put people down because it makes them feel better about themselves and their lives. It’s so wrong but I see it all the time. I think everyone is equal and should be given the chances to express themselves and do what makes them happy in life but I think society sometimes puts people in boxes and can write them off. Sometimes I think women are worse than men with negativity and women can be so bitchy and nasty to other women.

My mom used to always say to us “if you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say it” and I think it makes good sense. She also says too “you are as good as anyone else and take no crap”. I think life is a gift for us all and we should all be thankful we have our health, love, family and friends because that’s what is really important.

Thanks Susan, what you wrote is so beautiful! I like the things your mom used to tell you, true words for sure ; )

I hope you are having a beautiful day!! xoxo

I love this post. There is nothing more unattractive than negativity! This is not to say that people don’t hit hard times and fall on their knee’s and maybe even feel sorry for themselves but there are those who ALWAYS find the negative in EVERY situation, and in every person… just really really get under my skin. Life is about learning, its about growing, improving, loving, kindness, acceptance. Lets leave the judging up to God and focus on treating each other with respect and kindness!

Thank you love!! It gets under my skin too!

SO glad you commented, THANK YOU so much for the SWEETEST card ever! Was so thoughtful of you and what you wrote was seriously so kind! Ha, can’t believe they closed the hello kitty store, what is wrong with them?!!

Happy Labor Day to you and your family!! xoxo <3

I agree, Katie; being mean IS ugly! AND….it gets you no where! I raise my kids to be the bigger person when someone is being negative/nasty/a bully. Noah has actually been sent to the office at school for sticking up for kids that are being made fun of. I don’t agree with his methods (usually fighting) but how do you punish a kid who was just protecting someone?

Its tough being a kid, especially these days, thanks for your feedback , hope the kids have a great first day of school! xoxo <3

8. ellie says

I am always surprised when bloggers post about people being mean and negative. It shocks me that someone would sit behind a computer screen and send you mean things. What is the point and who are these people? Didn’t their parents teach them not to treat others that way? Obviously some people weren’t lucky enough to have a family that loves and cares for them because if they did, I don’t think they would treat other people this way. I’m sorry you have had to deal with negativity. For every one of those mean people, there are TONS more of us who come here each day to read your positive and uplifting posts! Keep up the good work! :)

Thanks Ellie! It happens in lots of things in life, I know it is disgusting though how people can be so mean and look at themselves in the mirror : p

Thank you SO much for the wonderful comment and for being a friend and a reader of my blog! xoxo Happy Tuesday!

Well said Katie! I’m sorry I’m only just getting to this post, it is powerful and so needed in the blogosphere and life in general. Negativity is everywhere of course but I also often find that women can be each other’s biggest critics which is such a shame. I too am extremely sensitive (are you a Cancer? I am hehe, I often find other sensitive people are Cancers :)) which I used to see as a negative but once I toughened up a bit I really think it’s a great attribute. I switched my thinking to positive a while ago and the difference in my life is huge. We manifest our thoughts and if they are always doom and gloom then we shouldn’t be surprised if doom and gloom is all we get in life. After all, it is so true that we cannot change what happens in life, only how we react to it. Thank you so much for this post Katie! You are a beautiful spirit; the world needs more like you!

Anna! Thank you so much! Never be sorry love! I appreciate you reading and leaving a super sweet comment! Im actually an Aries!

Thank you! You are a beautiful spirit as well! xoxo <3