5 Things I { know }

Good morning and HAPPY FRIDAY!

Last night Anthony and I went to dinner with my family for my dad’s birthday. Mike could not attend, we were doing dinner so late and Mike had to be up super early today, he has a deadline that needs to be met. Anthony and I missed him but we had fun , and I failed at bringing my camera but did take one of the most handsome boy ever.

Anthony of courseĀ  šŸ˜€

My dad had a great birthday and it was nice to be here this year to celebrate for it!

{ Breakfast }

Berry Smoothie in a Bowl with granola and PBĀ

I might never get sick of these, this is like a dough boy smoothie, where I got the inspiration for them.

I know its damn good, so you will be seeing lots of smoothies in a bowl, sorryĀ  šŸ˜‰

What else I know for today? Well I might know a few things !

{ 5 Things I know Friday }

1. I know my nephew is the CUTEST ever and he is not scared of santa! How adorable is he?

Anthony used to be scared of Santa when he was little but finally got over it, he was scared of anything in a costume too, One time, we were walking by Build A Bear, and they had a person dressed as a bear outside the store, Anthony freaked out and screamed, needless to say we had to walk on the other side of the mall and I saved money, he didn’t want to go in there and get a 40 dollar stuffed animalĀ  šŸ˜‰

2. I know these are most definitely dark chocolate peppermint crack pretzels, so good! I saw these at the store the other day, were on sale so I got two bags, and we may need to just buy in bulk now. Dangerous they are, but so good!

3. My mom gave Anthony this snowman snow globe at dinner last night, its so cute! He changes colors and is so perfect on our mantle. I know Ā that Anthony will have this forever and always remember my mom when looking at it , its good to have special things like this to remind you of loved ones when they are no longer around.

4. My sister Melissa who has lived in California with her boyfriend for the past 7 years, is on the road to PA right now! Is she visiting? No! She is moving home! I know I am Ā SO beyond excited, and have not shared that yet on the blog, but now you know! Now all my sisters are in PA again, Melissa and Ā I were the only ones that ever moved away, but we both came back this year, crazy! My family is so excited, and can’t wait until she gets here!

5. I know I have a pretty damn amazing man, husband, best friend, and someone who is always there for me. He is just the best person, Ā best stepdad, best person to talk sense in to me when I need it, and just a great man. Weekends are precious to us, and Im excited to spend the weekend with him.

I know SO much more, but those are 5 to share. I could write a book on things I know, or I should say things I want to know or have learned as well. I know too, that I am grateful for it all.

Have a great day friends!

Katie xo

{ Questions }

What do you know today?

Who has a holiday party to attend this weekend?

Some things Ā to check out…

9 unhealthy drinks to avoid at the supermarket, do you drink any?

8 holiday cocktails Ā around 100 calories ( self.com )

Yoga poses to relieve congestion ( fitsugar.com )

Comments

I’m so glad that you had fun celebrating your dad’s birthday! :) Those pretzels look amazing! Where did you find them? I need to get them asap! Haha. So awesome that your sister is moving home!

I do have a holiday party that I am going to tomorrow night. It’s Mike’s old roommate from college’s party. I’m pretty excited to see old friends. I need to get a new outfit to wear before tomorrow night. Kind of stressing about that.

Happy Friday, Katie! :)

I found them at the local grocery store, but target has them too!

Thank you love! Hope your holiday party you are attending tomorrow night is fun!! You will find something and look beautiful, no worries!

VERY happy your family will be all together again! It is SO cool that you both moved home in the same year!!

One thing I know today.. is that I am SO happy that it is Friday… and it is a pay day. Another reason I am looking forward to the weekend? Well, because I get to spend lots more time with Colby!

You are so sweet! Thank you, good genes I suppose ; )

I found them at the local grocery store but saw them at target too!

Happy weekend love!

That’s so great that you’re sister (who is beautiful, by the way! and I love her tattoo!) is moving back home! My sis moved down to Florida and I miss her so much. Home really is where the heart is :)

Thanks Jenny, I love her tattoo as well, you know what it says? Inspire ! Very beautiful!

Happy weekend love! xo <3

4. Kimberley says

Aww i love your always positive attitude on your blog, it definitly makes me more positive about things when i read it and reminds me to cherish everything in my life :)

I dont have any chirstmas parties this wknd thankfully because my exams do not finish till next friday! but i have two next weekend ! I am so excited!

I am so glad, I love spreading positivity and happiness, you never know when someone could need it : )

Happy weekend and good luck on your exams! You can celebrate them being over at those christmas parties!

You are so sweet! Thank you!

Oh have fun, Mikes work party is actually Jan 7th, after christmas! Good luck girl!

I love those pretzels too! The white chocolate are good too.

I’m attending two Christmas parties this weekend! Tonight is my company party and tomorrow night is a party at a friend’s house. I’m excited for this much Christmas in one weekend! šŸ˜€

No holiday party, but we are hanging out with some friends on Sunday and I’m having a baking party with my little nephew. Nephews are the best :)

I know I’m feeling deliriously happy lately and know that’s it’s because of my growing belly.

WHAT?!!!!! I missed this!!! OMG! Are you expecting?!!!! YAY! Congrats! How exciting!!! I need to go to your blog right now, bye!

7. Kristen M. says

Your nephew is so adorable! Congrats on your sis moving back home. That is a long distance to have between you and your family.

Have you tried the white chocolate peppermint pretzels? Oh my goodness – they’re so addicting! So much white chocolate on each pretzel!! I can imagine that the dark chocolate ones are delicious too. :)
    so exciting that your whole family will be together. :)

No holiday parties – I’m a student, my boyfriend’s work does it in January and it’s strictly staff only from all over our city cause it’s retail and they’re kinda cheap – but I am going to a new Ikea store that is the LARGEST one in Canada! Right in my city šŸ˜‰

hhaha your son is adorable!
    and you look beyond gorgeous in your wedding pic šŸ˜€
    I hope I find a guy as amazing as yours!!

I KNOW that I have a best friend who will never leave my side, parents that would do anything for me, and a lot of opportunities knocking at my door to come! :)

Thank you! He is damn cute for sure ; )

You will find an amazing man one day, in time!

Also you still up for the NYC meet up dec 15th ? Its a t 7pm at Stanton Social!

Your son really is a handsome boy! And your sister is adorable – how many of you are there? I love to see how similar people look to their siblings – my sister and I don’t look alike at all, I don’t think (I take after my dad, she after my mom) but our gestures are the same and we often finish each other’s sentences lol. Some of our expressions are freakily similar too so we seem a lot more alike when moving and in real life than in photos haha!

Thank you! I have 4 sisters! The oldest and I look a lot alike! Its funny how siblings can have very similar traits!

Happy Weekend love! xo

omg thats SO exciting that your sister is moving home!!! i’m so happy for you that everyone is coming back together :) you must feel like a million pieces!

YES! I really am SO excited! Love you!

BTW Thursday Dec 15th, Stanton Social blog meet up dinner at 7pm, let me know if you can go! <3