So I am not getting a juice cleanse award anytime soon
I should of known I was not going to survive, but I also wanted to try the juice cleanse. Trying is not failing they say, right?
I survived for two days instead of three, but it was also half ass style. #truth
I didn’t just have juice like I said I was going to do in the first place. I had fruit like mangos, pineapples, mango, and avocado along with my juice. I could not survive without some food to chew.
Overall, I felt good!
Do I feel different? I felt more energy after just two days, but nothing else too noticeable. I only had one cup of green tea each day for some caffeine, and didn’t get a headache from less caffeine. I missed my coffee for sure, but opted for the green tea option.
Did I feel yucky at all on the cleanse? Nope, felt good.
I think you really have to be on a cleanse longer than 3 days to feel the effects, or maybe that is just how I feel. Maybe because I had some fruit with it, that is why I didn’t feel bad.
I give much kudos to people who do just a juice cleanse, and for a long stretch of days. Seriously, it is hard!
I decided to do only 2 days for a couple reasons…
- I just needed damn food and didn’t want to torture myself anymore.
- I now have intense yoga twice today, and knew I would not be smart to have just juice with this kind of day ahead.
- I wanted to do my juice cleanse when I had no yoga and nothing planned, but there was a time constraint with the expiration dates.
So I survived 2 days, and I am proud of myself for that
I do have a review of the juices to share with you guys. There were a couple I loved, and some not so much.
I would definitely buy a couple of these juices all the time if I was closer to my whole foods where they are sold!
Here is my rating style…
Ass or Pass. LOL.
– PASS! Pineapple Goji Juice, which was juice one of the day. This was so good, and I would drink this daily for sure!
– PASS! Cucumber fresh was actually not that bad! I honestly thought I was going to hate it, but it was refreshing.
– ASS! Mean Green I did not like at all! I even tried to pair it with fruit to help, but it was so hard to get down those two days.
– ASS! Twisted Roots. I thought this would be a win! I think if it had apple mixed in with it, it would of been great.Not as bad as the mean green, but still not one I would buy again.
– PASS! White Knight. I absolutely could drink this juice every day! If this was the only juice on the cleanse, I could do it for 5 days! Ha! This is a juice that I want to buy again, and would love to have for my morning breakfast mixed with some granola in a bowl! SO GOOD!
– PASS! Turmeric Tonic. This was the best lemon cayenne style juice I have EVER had. I tried a couple others before, but this is the best by far! I would buy this juice again too, and would love it to add into my days if I need a little detoxifying!
There you have it, my half ass juice cleanse!
Hey, I am not perfect, but at least I am honest
Would I try a juice cleanse again? Well, never say never for sure. I think if I really had ZERO plans and no exercise I had to do, I could totally try again, but never for longer than 3 days. I don’t think i could survive linger than that.
I was happy I got to try Garden of Flavor juices, and now I have a couple favorites I need to buy to have here and there. White Knight, I seriously want stocked in my fridge!
Have a great day today friends!
Have you ever tried this brand of juice?
If you ever did a juice cleanse. how long did you do it for?
Anyone down for a froyo cleanse? Haha.
Was SO excited for my cereal this morning, like you have no idea how good this was!